Offenders, deviants or patients?: an introduction to clinical criminology
This text provides a practical approach to understanding both the social context and treatment of mentally disordered offenders. It addresses issues such as sex offending and homicide and reflects recent changes in law, policy, and practice
London: Routledge, 2015
No availability records for this item
Statement of responsibility: Herschel Prins
ISBN: 0415720893, 9780415720892
Intended audience: Specialized.
Previous edition: 2010.
372 pages : illustrations (black and white)
Mentally ill Care Great Britain.; Crime.; Forensic psychology Great Britain.; Mentally ill offenders Great Britain.; Mentally ill Commitment and detention Great Britain.; Criminal psychology Great Britain.
- Concerning the Author - Reflections and Recollections.
- Troubled and Troublesome Minds - An Orientation.
- The Mentally Disordered and Criminal Responsibility - a Brief Introduction to the Law.
- Forensic Mental Health and Allied Service Provision.
- Psychopathic Disorder - Useful Concept or Moral Judgement?, Aggression and Violence - Extending the Boundaries.
- Sexual Conduct and Sexual Misconduct.
- Arson - or 'What you will'.
- Assessing Dangerousness - A Risky Business.
- Concluding Comments.
". Prins himself has crossed boundaries in his career - practitioner, Probation Officer, and academic - the book remains filled with observations from and about music, art, literature and contemporary culture which takes his prose about what some might regard as essentially dry, socio-forensic matters into a whole new realm of academic writing. In other words, Offenders, Deviants or Patients?remains what it has always been - a delight to actually read. This is not something I could say about many academic books." - From the Foreword, Professor David Wilson, Centre for Applied Criminology, Birmingham City University