Implementing quality improvement and change in the early years
By examining issues surrounding quality improvement, the importance of reflective practice and the attributes required in the workplace to effect change and leadership, this text provides a contemporary view of practice
Los Angeles, [Calif.; London: SAGE, 2012
No availability records for this item
Statement of responsibility: edited by Michael Reed and Natalie Canning
ISBN: 0857021680, 0857021699, 9780857021687, 9780857021694
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xiii, 194 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Early childhood education.; Education.; Reflective teaching.; Early childhood education Quality control.; Educational change.
- Michael Reed and Natalie Canning PART ONE: QUALITY IMPROVEMENT: PROCESS OR PRODUCT?What Do We Mean by Quality and Quality Improvement?
- Michael ReedChildminding: An Essential Part of Quality Childcare in the Community
- Michael Reed with Sue OwenQuality Improvement: Integrated Working
- Michael Reed and Parm SansoyerReflective Practice Is the Key to Quality Improvement
- Karen Appleby and Mandy AndrewsPART TWO: QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN ACTIONExploring the Concept of Quality Play
- Natalie CanningNow We've Got It, How Do We Know It's Working?: Evaluating the Quality Impact of Technology in the Early Years
- Linda TylerImproving Quality: Do Not Forget Creativity
- Rosie Walker PART THREE: QUALITY IMPROVEMENT: PROFESSIONAL PRACTICEQuality Matters Because Quality Protects
- Claire Majella Richards'Go Softly...': The Reality of 'Leading Practice' in Early Years Settings
- Rory McDowall Clark and Sue Baylis Parents and Practitioners: Improving Quality
- Michael Reed and Alison MurphyImproving Quality in the Early Years, Starting with the Student Experience
- Carla SolvasonConclusion
- Michael Reed and Natalie Canning
'Making a strong case for quality in a time of change, this accessible book challenges assumptions and suggests positive directions for future, high quality, value based and reflective practice' -
Michael Gasper, Early Years Consultant and author of Multi-agency Working in the Early Years