Statement of responsibility: Stephen Allen, Chris Monaghan, editors
ISBN: 3319785400, 9783319785400
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes QR code.
Includes bibliographical references.
ix, 381 pages ; 25 cm.
The world of small states ; 4
British Indian Ocean Territory Law and legislation.; International law British Indian Ocean Territory.; Law.
World of small states ; 4.
- Stephen Allen and Chris Monaghan, Introduction.- Stuart Lakin, Justifying Bancoult (No 2)
- Why Justice Hercules Must Sometimes Disappoint Us.- Adam Tomkins, Environmental protection v the right of abode: a case-study in the misuse of power.- Richard Gifford, How Public Law has not been able to provide the Chagossians with a Remedy.- T.T. Arvind, The subject as a Civic Ghost
- Law, Dominion, and Empire in the Chagos litigation.- Chris Monaghan, An imperfect legacy: the significance of the Bancoult litigation on the development of domestic constitutional jurisprudence.- C.R.G. Murray and Tom Frost, The Chagossians' Struggle and the Last Bastions of Imperial Constitutionalism.- Ralph Wilde, `Anachronistic as colonial remnants may be...' Locating the rights of the Chagos Islanders as a case study of the operation of human rights law in colonial territories.- Thomas D. Grant, The Once and Future King
- Sovereignty over Territory and the Annex VII Tribunal's Award in Mauritius v.
- United Kingdom.- Stephen Allen, The Operation of Estoppel in International Law and the Function of the Lancaster House Undertakings in the Chagos Arbitration Award.- David M. Ong, Implications of the Chagos Marine Protected Area Arbitral Tribunal Award for the Balance between Natural Environmental Protection and Traditional Maritime Freedoms.- Sue Farran, Learning from Chagos, Lessons for Pitcairn?.- Amy Schwebel, `International law and Indigenous Peoples' Rights
- What Next for the Chagossians?.- David Snoxell, The Politics of Chagos
- Part played by Parliament and the Courts towards resolving the Chagos Tragedy.