Statement of responsibility: edited by Jessica Frazier
ISBN: 1472511514, 9781472511515
Intended audience: Specialized.
Originally published: as The Continuum companion to Hindu studies. London: Continuum, 2011.
424 pages ; 24 cm.
Continuum companion to Hindu studies.
- Foreword Gavin Ford
- List of Contributors
- Preface and Introduction
- Part I: Introduction: New Visions of Hinduism
- Part II: Key Themes: Reading Paths
- Part III: The History of Hindu Studies
- Part IV: Current Approaches: Articles on Key Themes
- 1. Hindu Cosmology, Angelika Malinar
- 2. Ascetic Traditions, Sondra Hausner
- 3. Tantric Traditions, Dominic Goodall and Harunaga Isaacson
- 4. Bhakti Traditions, Karen Prentiss Pechilis
- 5. Hindu Epics, Simon Brodbeck
- 6. Yoga and Samkhya, Knut Axel Jacobsen
- Philosophical Traditions, David Lawrence
- 7. Hindu Society, Marie Lecomte-Tilouine
- 8. Hindu Visual Culture, Kenneth Valpey
- 9. Colonial Hinduism, Brian Hatcher]
- Part V: Regional Perspectives: Local Traditions
- Part VI: Research Methods: From Manuscripts to Fieldwork
- Part VII: Future Directions: Issues and Debates
- Part VIII: Study Resources: Reading Lists, Sites and Sources
The Continuum Companion to Hindu Studies is an excellent resource and enhancement to religious studies shelves, and especially recommended for academic and college library collections.||'...The title of the volume is apt: the volume is best used not as an introduction to Hinduism, but as a guide to the complex field of Hindu studies.'-Choice Magazine