Statement of responsibility: Carolyn Handler Miller
ISBN: 1138341584, 9781138341586
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Previous edition: New York: Focal Press, 2014.
xxxviii, 780p. : ill.; 23cm.
Interactive multimedia.; Computers and IT.; Storytelling Data processing.
- PART 1 New Technologies, New Creative Opportunities
- Storytelling, Old and New
- Backwater to Mainstream: The Growth of Digital Entertainment
- PART 2 Creating Story-Rich Projects
- Interactivity and Its Effects
- Old Tools/New Tools
- Characters, Dialogue, and Emotions
- Structure in Digital Storytelling
- Your Audience
- Social Media and Storytelling
- Guidelines: Creating a New Project
- PART 3 Harnessing Digital Storytelling for Pragmatic Goals
- Using Digital Storytelling to Teach, Promote, and Inform
- PART 4 Media and Models: Under the Hood
- Video Games
- The Internet
- Mobile Devices and Apps
- Interactive Cinema and Interactive TV
- Smart Toys and Life-Like Robots
- PART 5 Immersive Media
- What Are Immersive Media?
- VR, AR , and Mixed Reality (XR)
- Immersive Narratives and Immersive Spaces
- Screen-Based Immersion
- PART 6 Career Considerations
- Working as a Digital Storyteller
- Project Index
- Subject Index