Statement of responsibility: Gavin Ambrose, Paul Harris
ISBN: 2940411174, 9782940411177
Includes bibliographical references.
192 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 23 cm.
Basics design ; 8
Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.); Graphic design (Typography); Art and Design.; Graphic design (Typography) Decision making.; Graphic arts Decision making.; Graphic arts.
- Introduction. How to get the most out of this book. Stages of thinking: The design process
- Stage 1 - Define
- Stage 2 - Research
- Stage 3 - Ideate
- Stage 4 - Prototype
- Stage 5 - Select
- Stage 6 - Implement
- Stage 7 - Learn
- Example project. Research: Identifying drivers
- Information gathering
- Target groups
- Samples and feedback. Idea generation: Basic design directions
- Themes of thinking
- Inspiration and references
- Presenting ideas. Refinement: Thinking in images
- Thinking in signs
- Visual metaphors
- Thinking in words
- Words and language
- Type 'faces'
- Thinking in shapes
- Thinking in proportions
- Thinking in colour. Prototyping: Developing designs
- 'Types' of prototype
- Vocabulary. Implementation: Format
- Series/Continuity. Glossary. Conclusion. Acknowledgements. Contacts. Working with ethics.