Statement of responsibility: edited by Tami Amanda Jacoby & Brent E. Sasley
ISBN: 1526137623, 9780719062339, 9781526137623
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Based on a conference at McGill University 23-24 June 2000.
First published in print form: 2002.
Description based on print version record.
1 online resource (xii, 176 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat or other PDF reader (latest version recommended), Internet Explorer or other browser (latest version recommended).
Manchester Security, Conflict & Peace; New Approaches to Conflict Analysis
Middle East Politics and government 1979- Congresses.; Politics and government / International relations.; International relations; Politics & government.; National security Middle East Congresses.; POLITICAL SCIENCE Terrorism.
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press, 2013. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
New Approaches to Conflict Analysis (Manchester, England).
Also available in print form.
- 1. Introduction: Redefining Security in the Middle East / Tami Amanda Jacoby and Brent Sasley
- 2. Conceptualizing Security in the Middle East: Israel and a Palestinian State / Lenore G. Martin
- 3. Between Militarism and Moderation in Israel: Constructing Security in Historical Perspective / Jonathan B. Isacoff
- 4. Between Islam and Islamism: A Dialogue with Islam as a Pattern of Conflict Resolution and Security Approach vis-a-vis Islamism / Bassam Tibi
- 5. Gender Relations and National Security in Israel / Tami Amanda Jacoby
- 6. Understanding Environmental Security: Water Scarcity, the 1980s Palestinian Uprising, and Implications for Peace / Jeffrey Sosland
- 7. Political Islam and the Middle East Peace Process: A Veiled Threat / Thomas Butko
- 8. The Effects of Political Liberalization on Security - Brent E. Sasley.