Statement of responsibility: edited by Matthew C. Benwell and Peter Hopkins (Newcastle University, UK)
ISBN: 1472444949, 9781472444943
Description based on print version record.
1 x Single User License
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (xiv, 196 pages) : illustrations, maps
International relations.; Youth Political activity.; Geopolitics.; Children and politics.; Political socialization.; Children Political activity.
- Foreword, Klaus Dodds
- Introducing children's and young people's critical geopolitics, Matthew C. Benwell and Peter Hopkins
- Crossing points: contesting militarism in the spaces of children's everyday lives in Britain and Germany, Kathrin H÷rschelmann
- Children, young people and the everyday geopolitics of British military recruitment, Matthew F. Rech
- Ludic - or playful - geopolitics, Sean Carter, Phil Kirby and Tara Woodyer
- Children's emotional geographies and the geopolitics of division in Cyprus, Miranda Christou and Spyros Spyrou
- Life, love, and activism on the forgotten margins of the nation state, Sara H. Smith and Mabel Gergan
- Young Falkland Islanders and diplomacy in the South Atlantic, Matthew C. Benwell
- `Dear Prime Minister'. mapping island children's political views on climate change, Elaine Stratford
- Critical geopolitics of child and youth migration in (post-)socialist Laos, Roy Huijsmans
- Young people's engagement with the geopolitics of anti-apartheid solidarity in 1980s' London, Gavin Brown and Helen Yaffe
- Becoming geopolitical in the everyday world, Kirsi Pauliina Kallio
- Conclusion, Matthew C. Benwell and Peter Hopkins