Statement of responsibility: edited by Steve Garner and Chris Evans
ISBN: 1847885764, 9781847885760
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xxiv, 483 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
Art and Design.; Design.
- SECTION 1: THE DESIGNING PROCESSSection Introduction1. The Passport to Practice, Michael Tovey, Coventry University, UK2. Design Thinking, Maureen Carroll, Leticia Britos Cavagnaro and Shelley Goldman, Stanford University, USA3. Problem Finding and Problem Solving, Tatjana Leblanc, Universit? de Montr?al, Canada4. Designing Design, Alison McKay, University of Leeds, UKDesign Project 1 Design process game
- SECTION 2: CREATING AND COMMUNICATING Section Introduction5. Models of Design and Models in Design, Jack Ingram, Birmingham City University, UK6. Why do Designers Draw?, Mario Minichiello and Liz Anelli, Birmingham City University, UK7. Computer Aided Design: Past, Present, Future, Jonathon Allen and Paul Kouppas, University of Western Sydney, Australia8. Games Design and the Importance of Narrative, Michele D. Dickey, Miami University, Ohio, USADesign Project 2 Inspiration
- SECTION 3: DESIGNING FOR PEOPLESection Introduction9. User-centred Design, Barbara Millet and Patrick Patterson, Texas Tech University, USA10. Design Semiotics, Bob Eves, Bournemouth University, UK11. Designing for Mood, Randall Teal, University of Idaho, USA12. Ethics and Design: I Can but Should I?, Bryce T J Dyer, Bournemouth University, UKDesign Project 3 Hand hygiene
- SECTION 4: BUSINESS, MARKETS AND CLIENTSSection Introduction13. The Business of Design, Stephen Peake, The Open University, UK14. The Design Brief: Are You Listening?, Andrew Collier, Director, SMC Design, UK15. Designing for Markets, Richard Woolley, Land Rover, UK16. Creative Analysis in Packaging Design, Luiz Gomes and Ligia Medeiros, Universit?rio Ritter dos Reis, BrazilDesign Project 4 Where in the world?!
- SECTION 5: SUSTAINABLE DESIGN AND DESIGNINGSection Introduction17. Berlin: A Sustained City, David Heathcote and Dorothea Strube, Design authors, UK/Germany18. Designing for Life Cycles, Philip A Davies, Aston University, UK19. Is Sustainable Design Viable?, Tom Greenwood, Strategist, Scamper Branding, UK20. Eco-intelligence: Designing for the Real World, Emma Dewberry, The Open University, UKDesign Project 5 Global lessons 2024
- SECTION 6: THE PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE OF DESIGNSection Introduction21. Old Materials, New Materials, Terence Kavanagh, Loughborough University School of the Arts, UK22. User-centred Collaboration in Graphic Design, Sharon Helmer Poggenpohl, Designer & author, USA23. The Importance of Detail Design, Clyde Millard, Designer, UK24. Developing Your Intellectual Property, Claire Howell, Barrister & Senior Lecturer in Law, Aston University, UKDesign Project 6 Team of
- SECTION 7: DESIGN FUTURESSection Introduction25. Building Bridges to New Realms, Brigid O'Kane, University of Cincinnati, USA26. Complexity: What Designers Need to Know, Theodore Zamenopoulos and Katerina Alexiou, The Open University, UK27. Managing Design: A Roadmap to a Career, Jon Hewitt, Designer, UK28. Motivation and the Learningscape of Design, Steve Garner, The Open University, UK and Chris Evans, Aston University, UKDesign Project 7 24 carat designing