Statement of responsibility: edited by James Green
ISBN: 0877222932, 1439917841, 9780877222934, 9781439917848
Includes bibliographical references.
Articles published in the journal from 1967 to 1982.
Description based on print version record.
1 online resource (ix, 410 pages)
Working class.; Labor unions.; USA; United States.; Labor unions United States History 20th century.; USA.; Geschichte (1890-1981); Arbeiterklasse; HISTORY / Social History; Working class United States History 20th century.; Gewerkschaft
- The demand for black labor: historical notes on the political economy of racism
- Four decades of change: black workers in Southern Textiles, 1941-1981
- The stop watch and the wooden shoe: scientific management and the industrial workers of the world
- "The clerking sisterhood": rationalization and the work culture of saleswomen in American department stores, 1890-1960
- Sexual harassment at the workplace: historical notes
- "Union fever"; organizing among clerical workers, 1900-1930
- Organizing the unemployed: the early years of the Great Depression, 1929-1933
- The possibility of radicalism in the early 1930s: the case of steel
- A. Philip Randolph and the foundations of black American socialism
- Organizing against sexual harassment
- Defending the no-strike pledge: CIO politics during World War II
- Holding the line: Miners' militancy and the strike of 1978.