Statement of responsibility: Valerie Stoker
ISBN: 0520965469, 9780520291836, 9780520965461
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (xiii, 212 pages)
South Asia across the disciplines
Hinduism and state India Vijayanagar (Empire) History 16th century.; Vijayanagar (Empire) Religion 16th century.; HISTORY / Asia / India & South Asia; Asia Vijayanagar (Empire); Religion.; Hinduism and state.; Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
Luminos (University of California Press); South Asia across the disciplines.
JSTOR Books at JSTOR Open Access
- Hindu Sectarianism and the City of Victory
- Royal and Religious Authority in Sixteenth-Century Vijayanagara: A Mahadhipati at Kadevaraya's Court
- Sectarian Rivalries at an Ecumenical Court: Vyasatirtha, Advaita Vedanta, and the Smarta Brahmins
- Allies or Rivals? Vyasatirtha's Material, Social, and Ritual Interactions with the Srivaiavas
- The Social Life of Vedanta Philosophy: Vyasatirtha's Polemics against Visiadvaita Vedanta
- Hindu, Ecumenical, Sectarian: Religion and the Vijayanagara Court