Statement of responsibility: edited by Ward Berenschot, Henk Schulte Nordholt, Laurens Bakker
ISBN: 9004329668, 9789004327771, 9789004329669
Identification of the resource based on contents viewed on Dec. 28, 2016; title from PDF title page.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (x, 320 pages) : color illustrations.
Social, economic and political studies of the Middle East and Asia ; volume 115
Democratization.; Southeast Asia.; POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Freedom & Security / Civil Rights; Citizenship.; POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Freedom & Security / Human Rights; Political participation.; Democratization Southeast Asia.; Politics, Practical.; Politics, Practical Southeast Asia.; Southeast Asia Politics and government 21st century.; Political participation Southeast Asia.; SOCIAL SCIENCE / Anthropology / General; Citizenship Southeast Asia.; Politics and government.
Social, economic, and political studies of the Middle East and Asia ; v. 115,
- Citizen participation and decentralization in the Philippines / Emma Porio
- Everyday citizenship in village Java / Takeshi Ito
- Sosialisasi, street vendors and citizenship in Yogyakarta / Sheri Lynn Gibbings
- Militias, security and citizenship in Indonesia / Laurens Bakker
- Custom and citizenship in the Philippine uplands / Oona Paredes
- Citizenship and Islam in Malaysia and Indonesia / David Kloos and Ward Berenschot
- Digital media and Malaysia's electoral reform movement / Merlyna Lim
- Citizenship, rights and adversarial legalism in Thailand / Wolfram Schaffar
- Defending Indonesia's migrant domestic workers / Mary Austin
- Yellow vs. red and the rise of a new middle class in Thailand / Apichat Satitniramai.