Statement of responsibility: Isaac R. Proche III [and 4 others]
ISBN: 0833084305, 0833084321, 9780833084293, 9780833084309, 9780833084323
Print version record.
Includes bibliographical references.
1 online resource (xx, 63 pages)
HISTORY Military Other.; Electronic intelligence United States.; United States. Navy.; BUSINESS & ECONOMICS Economics General.; TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING Military Science.; United States.; Electronic intelligence.
JSTOR Books at JSTOR Open Access
- Title Page
- Chapter One: Big Data: Challenges and Opportunities
- What Is "Big Data"?
- How Big Is Big?
- The Navy's Big Data Challenge
- The Navy's Big Data Opportunity
- Chapter Two: What the Navy Wants from Big Data
- Where Am I?
- Where Are My Friends?
- Where Is the Enemy?
- Where Is Everyone Else?
- Situational Awareness: A Vital Goal
- Chapter Three: Barriers to Benefiting from Big Data
- Timely Consumption
- Accurate Integration
- How Analysts Cope Today.
- Chapter Four: Dynamically Managing Analyst WorkloadsChapter Five: Alternatives for Dealing with Big Data
- Alternative 1: Applications (Adding More Tools to the Baseline)
- Alternative 2: Consolidation (Adopt a Service-Oriented Environment)
- Alternative 3: Cloud (Join the Distributed Cloud)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the Alternatives
- Differences Among the Baseline and the Alternatives
- Summary of the Baseline and Alternatives
- Chapter Six: Analysis
- Chapter Seven: Recommendations
- Move Forward with Alternative 3 (Cloud).
- Extend Aspects and Components of Alternative 3 to Other Programs and SituationsPrepare for Culture Change; Appendix: Additional Information; Bibliography.