Statement of responsibility: edited by Kym Anderson, Cheryl McRae and David Wilson
ISBN: 1922064327, 9781922064325, 9781922064332
Print version record.
"This collection resulted from an international workshop funded and organised by Biosecurity Australia ... held at the Melbourne Business School on 24-25 October 2000"--Preface.
"Originally published by the Centre for International Economic Studies, The University of Adelaide, and Biosecurity Australia"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references.
1 online resource (xv, 414 pages)
Australia.; Imports.; International trade Congresses.; World Trade Organization.; International trade.; World Trade Organization Congresses.; Quarantine.; BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / International / Economics; Quarantine Australia Congresses.; Imports Australia Congresses.
JSTOR Books at JSTOR Open Access
- 1. Introduction /Kym Anderson, Cheryl McRae and David Wilson
- The multilateral rules under WTO
- The integration of economics into SPS risk management policies: issues and challenges/Donna Roberts
- The analytical foundation of quarantine risk analysis /Mike J. Nunn
- The WTO dispute settlement framework and operation /Gretchen Heimpel Stanton
- Implications of recent SPS dispute settlement cases /Gavin Goh and Andreas Ziegler
- The 'appropriate level of protection'.
- Appropriate level of protection: a European perspective /Spencer Henson
- Appropriate level of protection: an Australian perspective /Digby Gascoine
- Appropriate level of protection: a New Zealand perspective /Hugh R. Bigsby
- Beyond iso-risk to include benefits under the SPS Agreement /Gil Rodriguez, Nico Klijn, Anna Heaney and Stephen Beare
- Integrating import risk and trade benefit analysis /Richard H. Snape and David Orden
- Adding more economics to risk analysis.
- Least trade-restrictive SPS policies: an analytic framework is there but questions remain /David Orden, Clare Narrod and Joseph W. Glauber
- Quarantine decision making in Australia /Monika Binder
- Quarantine reform: Australia's recent experience /Carolyn Tanner
- Evaluating economic consequences of livestock diseases: a US perspective /Kenneth W. Forsythe Jr.
- Specific health and environmental risks from trade.
- 15. Measuring the effect of food safety standards on African exports to Europe /Tsunehiro Otsuki, John S. Wilson and Mirvat Sewadeh
- GMOs, the SPS Agreement and the WTO /Kym Anderson and Chantal Pohl Nielsen
- Food safety policy in the WTO era /Sallie James
- Environmental risk evaluation in quarantine decision making /John D. Mumford
- Summing up /David Robertson
- The legal text of the SPS Agreement.