Statement of responsibility: Bo Florin
ISBN: 9048518180, 9089645047, 9789048518180, 9789089645043
Includes bibliographical references, filmography and index.
Print version record.
1 online resource (157 pages) : illustrations.
Film culture in transition
Motion picture producers and directors California Los Angeles.; California Los Angeles.; PERFORMING ARTS Film & Video General.; PERFORMING ARTS Reference.; BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Entertainment & Performing Arts.; Motion picture producers and directors.
Film culture in transition.
- Lyrical Intimacy as Authorial Style
- National or International in Public Debate
- A European in Hollywood -- Name the Man and the Shift of
- Production Systems
- Production Cultures
- Contaminating Hollywood
- Stylistic Variations
- From Scientist to Clown -- He Who Gets Slapped
- Traces of the Narrator
- The Symbolic Clown
- Transformed Identities
- The Question of Whitefacing
- He, the Clown
- A for Adultery -- The Scarlet Letter
- Hester Prynne and the Spectacle
- An Aesthetics of Light
- Stylistic Devices
- Conquering Nature -- The Wind
- Landscape of the Origins
- Framing the Wind
- Shattering the Frame
- From Physical Space to Mental Space
- The Final Crossover
- Fragmented Pieces -- Writing the History of the Lost Hollywood Films
- Authorial Imprints: Confessions of a Queen
- The Divine Woman -- From Bernhardt to Garbo
- A Strange Interlude: The Masks of the Devil
- The Shadow of the Silents -- A Lady to Love
- One Film, Two Versions
- The Transition to Sound
- The Transition from Silents
- Europeans in Hollywood
- The Genius and the System- Some Concluding Remarks.