Statement of responsibility: Patricia Sawin
ISBN: 0874215005, 9780874215007
Print version record.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-240) and index.
1 online resource (xiv, 254 pages) : illustrations (some color)
Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.
Eldreth, Bessie Mae, 1913- Entretiens.; BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY Women.; Women storytellers.; Eldreth, Bessie Mae.; Folk singers.; Women folklorists.; Folklore.; Appalachian Region Social life and customs.; Women folklorists Appalachian Region Biography.; Musique folklorique Appalaches.; Appalachian Region.; Women storytellers Appalachian Region Biography.; Femmes folkloristes Appalaches Biographies.; Chanteuses de folklore Appalaches Biographies.; Folk music Appalachian Region.; Manners and customs.; Eldreth, Bessie Mae, 1913- Interviews.; Folklore Appalaches.; Conteuses Appalaches Biographies.; Eldreth, Bessie Mae, 1913-; Folk music.; Folk singers Appalachian Region Biography.; Folklore Appalachian Region.
Use copy Restrictions unspecified
Electronic reproduction. [S.l.]: HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
JSTOR Books at JSTOR Open Access
- Introduction : dialogism and subjectivity
- "That was before I ever left home" : complex accounts of a simple childhood
- "If you had to work as hard as I did, it would kill you" : work, narrative, and self-definition
- "I said, 'don't you do it'" : tracing development as an empowered speaker through reported speech in narrative
- "He never did say anything about my dreams that would worry me after that" : negotiating gender and power in ghost stories
- "I'm a bad one to go pulling jokes on people" : practical joking as a problematic vehicle for oppositional self-definition
- "My singing is my life" : repertoire and performance