Statement of responsibility: editors Stewart Firth, Jon Fraenkel
ISBN: 1921313366, 9781921313363
1 online resource.
Fiji Politics and government 21st century.; Elections.; Fiji History 21st century.; Fiji. Parliament.; Fiji. Parliament Elections, 2006.; Politics and government; Fiji.; POLITICAL SCIENCE Political Process Elections.
JSTOR Books at JSTOR Open Access
- Fiji's perpetual legitimacy crisis /Stewart Firth and Jon Fraenkel
- A note on the Fiji electoral system /Jon Fraenkel
- Changing calculus and shifting visions /Stewart Firth and Jon Fraenkel
- The campaign.
- Chance hai: from the campaign trail /Brij V. Lal
- The pre-election 'cold war': the role of the Fiji military during the 2006 election /Steven Ratuva
- Songs in sheds: some thoughts on the sociology of Fiji elections /Paul Geraghty
- Election observation missions to the 2006 Fiji election /Graham Hassall and Jeannette Bolenga
- The major parties.
- The cycles of party politics /Jon Fraenkel and Stewart Firth
- Defending the inheritance: The SDL and the 2006 election /Alumita Durutalo
- The strategic impasse: Mahendra Chaudhry and the Fiji Labour Party /Samisoni Pareti and Jon Fraenkel
- The failure of the moderates /The Yellow Bucket Team
- The impact of the Promotion of Reconciliation, Tolerance and Unity Bill on the 2006 election /Mosmi Bhim
- Reflections on the economic and social policies of political parties at the 2006 election /Biman Chand Prasad
- Broken promises: women and the 2006 Fiji election /Rae Nicholl
- The media and the spectre of the 2000 coup /Michael Field
- Case studies.
- From marginalization to mainstream? Rotuma and the 2006 election /Kylie Jayne Anderson
- Tailevu North: five years down the line /Anare Tuitoga
- Bose ni Vanua and democratic politics in Rewa /Baro Saumaki
- Whatever happened to Western separatism? /Apolosi Bose and Jon Fraenkel
- The 'Generals' -- where to now? /The Yellow Bucket Team
- Elections and nation-building: the long road since 1970 /Robbie Robertson
- Indigenous title disputes: what they meant for the 2006 election /Morgan Tuimaleali'ifano
- Bipolar realignment under the alternative vote system: an analysis of the 2006 electoral data /Jon Fraenkel
- Fiji's electoral boundaries and malapportionment /Kesaia Seniloli /The role of the Assembly of Christian Churches in Fiji in the 2006 election /Lynda Newland
- The role of Hindu and Muslim organizations during the 2006 election /Jonathon Prasad
- Fiji's system of elections and government: where to from here? /Laisenia Qarase
- Tainted elections /Mahendra Chaudhry
- A view from the Electoral CommissionvGraham Leung
- Multiparty cabinet and power-sharing: lessons from elsewhere /Jon Fraenkel
- Women and minority interests in Fiji's alternative vote electoral systemvSuliana Siwatibau
- The case for reform of the electoral system in Fiji /Rev. David G. Arms
- 31 An election retrospective /Ratu Joni Madraiwiwi
- Understanding Fiji's political paradox /Robert Norton
- The Fiji coup of December 2006 -- who, what, where and why? /Jon Fraenkel
- Appendix 1.
- Multiparty government in Fiji: a timeline, 1997-2006 /Piccolo Willoughby
- Appendix 2.
- 2006 election results.