Statement of responsibility: David C. Gompert ; prepared for the Office of the Secretary of Defense
ISBN: 0833040219, 0833042807, 9780833040213, 9780833042804
Includes bibliographical references (pages 59-62).
Print version record.
1 online resource (xvii, 62 pages) : illustrations.
Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.
Occasional paper ; OP-168-OSD; Rand counterinsurgency study ; paper 1
Terrorism Prevention.; Jihad.; POLITICAL SCIENCE Security (National & International); USA.; HISTORY Military Other.; Aufstand; Counterinsurgency Psychological aspects.; United States Military policy.; TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING Military Science.
Cognitive side of counterinsurgency (COIN)
Use copy Restrictions unspecified
Electronic reproduction. [S.l.]: HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
Rand counterinsurgency study ; paper 1.; Occasional paper (Rand Corporation) ; OP-168-OSD.
JSTOR Books at JSTOR Open Access
- Cover; Preface; Contents; Figures and Table; Summary; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Chapter One
- Introduction: Purpose, Scope, and Definitions; Chapter Two
- The Mind as Central Front; Chapter Three
- Reordering COIN Priorities; Chapter Four
- Thoughts of the Jihad; Chapter Five
- Closing the Gap; Chapter Six
- Cognitive Requirements in Global COIN; Chapter Seven
- Cognitive Capabilities for COIN; Understanding Global Insurgency; Global COIN-Shaping Strategy; Global COIN Operations; Chapter Eight
- Conclusions: Investment and Reform; Appendix; Bibliography.