Statement of responsibility: Dan Plesch ; foreword by Sir Brian Urquhart
ISBN: 1784533076, 9781784533076
Originally published: 2011.
272 pages ; 24 cm
World War, 1939-1945 Diplomatic history.; United States Foreign relations 1933-1945.; Warfare and Defence.; United Nations History 20th century.; Great Britain Foreign relations 1936-1945.
- Foreword Preface Acknowledgements
- List of Tables List of Maps List of Photographs Major participants Chronology
- Introduction Chapter 1: America before Pearl Harbour: ostrich or owl? Chapter 2: America goes to war: the creation of the United Nations Chapter 3: Weapons for the Allies: Motown goes to Stalingrad
- Keeping the Allies together: Casablanca & Tehran Chapter 5: Justice for War Crimes: Auschwitz and Nuremburg Chapter 6: Post-war Relief & Reconstruction: UNRRA Chapter 7: Money & Trade: Bretton Woods and Havana, prosperity for all? Chapter 8: Security: Dumbarton Oaks, Yalta and San Francisco Chapter 9: Templates for 21st Century Peace and Security
- APPENDIX I Foreign Office Document June 1942. What is meant by the term "United Nations" and how does it differ from the term "Allied Nations." Appendix II The surrender of enemy states to the United Nations