Social networking: big business on your computer
This title follows the newest multi-billion industry on the planet. The book explores how the social networking industry began and how tiny seedlings of companies grew into multinational giants that today make billions. Discover how social networking businesses are making money from your friendships and what the future potential of this baby of the business world could really be
London: Franklin Watts, 2015
No availability records for this item
Statement of responsibility: Nick Hunter
ISBN: 1445139235, 9781445139234
Intended audience: Juvenile.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
48 pages : illustrations (colour) ; 26 cm.
Non-Fiction 9+.; Work and Money.; Computer industry Juvenile literature.; Work and Industry.; Online social networks Juvenile literature.
- 1: Life online
- 1: Chapter 1: Home computers
- 1: Birth of the Internet
- 1: The first `dotcom' boom
- 1: Web 2.0
- 1: Chapter 2: What is a social network?
- 1: Find your friends
- 1: Facebook effect
- 1: Chapter 3: A world of social networks
- 1: The blogosphere
- 1: Twitter and other microblogs
- 1: Sharing videos and music
- 1: Gaming
- 1: Chapter 4: Making money from social networks
- 1: Online advertising
- 1: The value of data
- 1: The freemium
- 1: Chapter 5: The big players
- 1: Social network billionaires
- 1: Funding the boom
- 1: Challenges ahead
- 1: Glossary
- 1: For more information
- 1: Index