ISBN: 1907312358, 9781907312359
Intended audience: Specialized.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
vi, 168 p. ; 22 cm.
Bannatyne, Duncan.; Industry.; Success in business.; Entrepreneurship.
- The Life and Times of Duncan Bannatyne.
- One: Anyone Can Do It.
- …As long as you're determined, work hard and take responsibility for your company.
- Two: Know Yourself and Fill in the Gaps.
- Do your SWOT test and build your business around your strengths. Employ people with the skills and attributes you’re lacking.
- Three: The Right Ideas Are Everywhere You Look.
- Take the Government’s shilling and build businesses the Government’s paying for; there are advantages to red tape. Change brings opportunity to quick-thinking, fl exible entrepreneurs.
- Four: Don't Skimp on the Research.
- From ice cream to hotels and fi tness centres, children's nurseries and radio stations – if you do your research right, you can make them all successful.
- Five: Plan Your Enterprise.
- From the back of the fag packet calculation to the big picture – plan, plan, plan.
- Six: Never Mind the Atrium!
- It's all about location, location, location. Build in the right place and use all your space eff ectively.
- Seven: Have the Right People by Your Side.
- Employ the right people – they’re your key to success. Pay bonuses, train good staff and promote internally, but above all – learn to delegate.
- Eight: Make Money, Expand Rapidly, Then Make More Money.
- A lot of nurturing and even more debt grows businesses. Borrow and make more money. Check out the competition and buy them out. Invest in other business ideas.
- Nine: Put Your Name Over the Door.
- It's your name on the line and you can't aff ord to get it wrong. Your brand and reputation keep the customers coming back, whether it’s 99s or fi tness centres.
- Ten: Give It All Away Before You Die.
- Charity work and encouraging the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Duncan Bannatyne and BBC's Dragons' Den.
- Recession? What Recession?
- The Last Word.
- Reading List.