Statement of responsibility: by M. H. Baillie Scott and A. Edgar Beresford
Originally published 1906. Printed by Arthurs Press, Woodchester, Stroud.
294 p. : ill. (some col.) (photolithographs) ; fol. (30 cm).
England : architecture : nineteenth century : Arts and Crafts movement
Donated by University of Strathclyde following Mackintosh Library fire of 23 May 2014. Bookplates of the University and of Royal Technical College, Glasgow to front. Stamp of College to title page. Trade label of Aitken Dott & Son, 26 South Castle Street, Edinburgh to front.
Twentieth century green cloth binding with Art Nouveau silver lettering and leaf decoration.
- I: England, home and beauty.
- II: Old and new technique.
- III: The syymbolism of building.
- IV: Labour saving.
- V: Furnishing.
- VI: Pictures.
- VII: Gardens.
- VIII: Some building materials.
- IX: Cottages.
- X: The architect - what he is and what he does.
- XI: Some literary allusions.
- XII: The smaller house.
- XIII: Beauty in house-building.
- XIV: Poetry and prose.
- XV: The value of precedent.
- XVI: The place of building in nature.
- XVII: List of illustrations.
- XVIII: Plates.
- XIX: Notes on illustrations.