ISBN: 9812820787, 9789812820785
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Text, ill. and map on inside covers.
352 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps, ports. (some col.) ; 20 cm.
New York (N.Y.) Guidebooks.; Travel Guides.
- Best of New York: Top Sights
- Editor's Choice. Introduction: Guide at a Glance
- New York, New Yorkers. History: The Making of New York
- Decisive Dates. Features: Culture and the City
- Diners, Delis and Hip Delights. Insights: Mini Features: A Day in the Life
- Regards to Broadway
- Aiming for the Top
- The High Line
- City of Immigrants
- Tall Towers
- Having a Ball. Photo Features: Hollywood on the Hudson
- Food on the Move
- Central Park
- Times Square Then and Now
- Museum of Modern Art
- Museum Mile
- The Metropolitan Museum
- The American Museum of Natural History
- Lincoln Center
- Ellis Island
- The Statue of Liberty. Places: Orientation
- Fifth Avenue
- Midtown East
- Midtown West
- Upper East Side
- Upper West Side
- Around Harlem
- Gramercy Park to Chelsea
- Greenwich Village
- The East Village to Chinatown
- Soho and Tribeca
- Lower Manhattan
- The Outer Boroughs. Restaurants and Bars. Travel Tips: Transportation
- A-Z of Practical Information. Maps.