Statement of responsibility: Frank E. Musiek,, Jane A. Baran
ISBN: 1944883010, 9781944883010
Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (xxi, 487 pages) : illustrations
Auditory perception.; Auditory pathways Physiology.; Ear anatomy & histology.
- Overview of the anatomy and physiology of the auditory system
- The external ear : its structure and function
- Anatomy and physiology of the middle ear
- Functional anatomy of the cochlea
- Cochlear physiology I : mostly mechanics
- Cochlear Physiology II : mostly electrophysiology / Richard J. Salvi, Ann Clock Eddins, and Jian Wang with updated revisions for the current edition provided by Tony Sahley
- Structure and function of the auditory nerve
- The first central auditory structure : the cochlear nucleus
- Superior olivary complex
- The lateral lemniscus and inferior colliculus
- The medial geniculate body and auditory thalamus
- The auditory cortex and subcortex
- The corpus callosum and auditory interhemispheric function
- Vascular anatomy of the auditory system
- The efferent system
- Normal development, auditory system plasticity, and aging effects development of the auditory system.