Statement of responsibility: edited by Edward Gu and Merle Goldman
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xiii, 298 p.
RoutledgeCurzon studies on China in transition
China Intellectual life 1976-
RoutledgeCurzon studies on China in transition.
- Social capital, institutional change, and the development of non-governmental intellectual organizations in China / Edward Gu
- Underdogs, lapdogs, and watchdogs : journalists and the public sphere problematic in reforming China / Yuezhi Zhao
- Have we been noticed yet? : intellectual contestations and the Chinese web / Geremie R. Barm and Gloria Davies
- From patronage to profits : the changing relationship of intellectuals with the party-state / Suzanne Ogden
- China's technological community : market reforms and the changing policy cultures of science / Richard Suttmier and Cong Cao
- Intellectuals and the politics of protest : the case of the China Democracy Party / Teresa Wright
- The fate of an enlightenment : twenty years in the Chinese intellctual sphere (1978-98) / Xu Jilin ; translated from Chinese by Geremie R. Barm and Gloria Davies
- Historians as public intellctuals in contemporary China / Timothy Cheek
- The party-state, liberalism, and social democracy : the debate over China's future / Feng Chongyi
- Chinese intellectuals facing the challenges of the new century / Baogang He.