Statement of responsibility: edited by Lester Packer. Part B, Physiological and pathological processes
ISBN: 0121821706, 9780121821708
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
xxx, 528 p : ill. ; 24 cm.
Physiological and pathological processes.; Nitric oxide; Physiological and pathological processes
- Effects of Nitric Oxide in Cells and Tissues
- Biochemical Reactivity of Nitric Oxide: J. Torres and M.T. Wilson, Interaction of Cytochrome-c Oxidase with Nitric Oxide. D. Salvemini and J.L. Masferrer,Interactions of Nitric Oxide with Cyclooxygenase
- In Vitro, ex Vivo, and in Vivo Studies. J.-C. Drapier and J.B. Hibbs, Jr., Aconitases
- A Class of Metalloproteins Highly Sensitive to Nitric Oxide Synthesis. A. Hausladen and I. Fridovich, Measuring Nitric Oxide and Superoxide
- Rate Constants for Aconitase Reactivity. E.V. Arnold and D.S. Bohle, Isolation and Oxygenation Reactions of Nitrosylmyoglobins.
- Tissue-Specific Effects of Nitric Oxide: L.J. Robinson and T.Michel, Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase Expression in Heterologous Systems. M.C. Carreras, J.J. Poderoso, E. Cadenas, and A. Boveris, Measurement of Nitric Oxide and Hydrogen Peroxide Production from Human Neutrophils. C.H. Evans, S.C. Watkins, and M. Stefanovic-Racic, Nitric Oxide and Cartilage Metabolism. M.W. Radomski, T. Zakar, and E. Salas, Nitric Oxide in Platelets. D.D. Ku, Nitric Oxide- and Nitric Oxide Donor-Induced Relaxation.
- Nitric Oxide and Cellular Signaling: J.E. Brenman and D.S. Bredt, Nitric Oxide Signaling in the Nervous System. E. Southam and J. Garthwaite, Nitric Oxide-Cyclic GMP Pathway in Brain Slices. A.J. Hobbs and L.J. Ignarro, Nitric Oxide-Cyclic GMP Signal Transduction System. T.M. Lincoln, T.L. Cornwell, P. Komalavilas, and N. Boerth, Cyclic GMP-Dependent Protein Kinase in Nitric Oxide Signaling. B.B. Aggarwal and K. Mehta, Determination and Regulation of Nitric Oxide Production from Macrophages by Lipopolysaccharides, Cytokines, and Retinoids.
- Pathological and Clinical Aspects of Nitric Oxide
- Fingerprints of Pathological Actions
- Nitrosylation, Nitration, and Nitrosation: A. van der Vliet, J.P. Eiserich, H. Kaur, C.E. Cross, and B. Halliwell, Nitrotyrosine as Biomarker for Reactive Nitrogen Species. J.P. Crow and H. Ischiropoulos, Detection and Quantitation of Nitrotyrosine Residues in Proteins
- In Vivo Marker of Peroxynitrite. M.S. Ramezanian, S. Padmaja, and W.H. Koppenol, Nitration and Hydroxylation of Phenolic Compounds by Peroxynitrite. Y.Z. Ye, M. Strong, Z.-Q. Huang, and J.S. Beckman, Antibodies That Recognize Nitrotyrosine. J.B. Sampson, H. Rosen, and J.S. Beckman, Peroxynitrite-Dependent Tyrosine Nitration Catalyzed by Superoxide Dismutase, Myeloperoxidase, and Horseradish Peroxidase.
- Interaction of Nitric Oxide with Membranes, Proteins, and Nucleic Acids: J. Kanner, Nitric Oxide and Metal-Catalyzed Reactions. S. Tamir, T. de Rojas-Walker, J.S. Wishnok, and S.R. Tannenbaum, DNA Damage and Genotoxicity by Nitric Oxide. M.H..L. Green, J.E. Lowe, C.A. Delaney, and I.C. Green, Comet Assay to Detect Nitric Oxide-Dependent DNA Damage in Mammalian Cells. S. Christen,P. Gee, and B.N. Ames, Mutagenicity of Nitric Oxide in Base Pair Specific Salmonella Tester Strains
- TA7000 Series. K.-D. Krincke and V. Kolb-Bachofen, Detection of Nitric Oxide Interaction with Zinc Finger Proteins.
- Peroxynitrite: R.M. Uppu, G.L. Squadrito, R. Cueto, and W.A. Pryor, Selecting the Most Appropriate Synthesis of Peroxynitrite. W.H. Koppenol, R. Kissner, and J.S. Beckman, Syntheses of Peroxynitrite
- To Go with the Flow or on Solid Grounds? D.S. Bohle,P.A. Glassbrenner, and B. Hansert, Synthesis of Pure Tetramethylammonium Peroxynitrite. R.M. Uppu, G.L. Squadrito, R. Cueto, and W.A. Pryor, Synthesis of Peroxynitrite by Azide-Ozone Reaction. R.M. Uppu and W.A. Pryor, Biphasic Synthesis of High Concentrations of Peroxynitrite Using Water-Insoluble Alkyl Nitrite and Hydrogen Peroxide. T.P. Hamilton, H.-H. Tsai, and J.S. Beckman, Predicting Physical Properties of Peroxynitrite by Quantum Mechanics. O. Augusto, R. Radi, R.M. Gatti, and J. Vaquez-Vivar, Detection of Secondary Radicals from Peroxynitrite-Mediated Oxidations by Electron Spin Resonance. R. Radi, Kinetic Analysis of Reactivity of Peroxynitrite with Biomolecules. G.L. Squadrito, X. Jin, R.M. Uppu, and W.A.Pryor, Distinguishing Reactivities of Peroxynitrite and Hydroxyl Radical. R. Patel and V.M. Darley-Usmar, Using Peroxynitrite as Oxidant with Low Density Lipoprotein. H. Rubbo and B.A. Freeman, Nitric Oxide Regulation of Lipid Oxidation Reactions
- Formation and Analysis of Nitrogen-Containing Oxidized Lipid Derivatives. P. DiMascio, K. Briviba, E.J.H. Bechara, M.H.G. Medeiros, and H. Sies, Reaction of Peroxynitrite and Hydrogen Peroxide to Produce Singlet Molecular Oxygen ([V]1delta g).
- Tissue and Cellular Cytotoxicity: B. Brane and E.G. Lapetina, Nitric Oxide-Induced Covalent Modification of Glycolytic Enzyme Glyceraldehyde-3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase. M.E. Ross and C. Iadecola, Nitric Oxide Synthase Expressionin Cerebral Ischemia
- Neurochemical, Immunocytochemical, and Molecular Approaches. K. Fehsel, K.-D. Krincke, and V. Kolb-Bachofen, Assays for Detection of Nitric Oxide-Induced Apoptosis.
- Clinical Aspects: D.N. Granger and P. Kubes, Nitric Oxide as Anti-inflammatory Agent. R. Rossaint, T. Busch, and K. Falke, Nitric Oxide Inhalation Therapy in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Intended Effects and Possible Side Effects. P. Vallance, Use of L-Arginine and Its Analogs to Study Nitric Oxide Pathway in Humans. C.A. Byrnes, A. Bush, and E.A. Shinebourne, Measuring Expiratory Nitric Oxide in Humans. M. Inoue, Y. Minamiyama, and S. Takemura, Dynamic Aspects of Nitric Oxide Metabolism in Circulation and Tissues.
- Subject Index.
Praise for the Series
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY