Statement of responsibility: edited by Lester Packer. Part B, Glutathione and thioredoxin, thiols in signal transduction and gene regulation
ISBN: 0121821536, 9780121821531
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
xxix, 382 p : ill. ; 24 cm.
Thioredoxin.; Thiols.; Genetic regulation.; Glutathione.; Cellular signal transduction.
Glutathione and thioredoxin, thiols in signal transduction and gene regulation; Biothiols; Glutathione and thioredoxin, thiols in signal transduction and gene regulation.
- Glutathione: Distribution, Biosynthesis, Metabolism, and Transport
- D.P. Jones, Glutathione Distribution in Natural Products: Absorption and Tissue Distribution.
- L.H. Lash, Intracellular Distribution of Thiols and Disulfides: Assay of Mitochondrial Glutathione Transport.
- A. Meister, Glutathione Biosynthesis and Its Inhibition.
- W.W. Wells, D.P. Xu, and M.P. Washburn, Glutathione: Dehydroascorbate Oxidoreductases.
- F. Ursini, M. Maiorino, R. Brigelius-Flohé, K.D. Aumann, A. Roveri, D. Schomburg, and L. Flohé, Diversity of Glutathione Peroxidases.
- D.J. Meyer and B. Ketterer, Purification of Soluble Human Glutathione S-Transferases.
- H.J. Forman, M.M. Shi, T. Iwamoto, R.-M. Liu, and T.W. Robinson, Measurement of g-Glutamyl Transpeptidase and g-Glutamylcysteine Synthetase Activities in Cells.
- T. Kondo, G.L. Dale, and E. Beutler, Thiol Transport from Human Red Blood Cells.
- J.A. Fuchs, Glutathione Mutants.
- D.J. Reed, Cystathionine.
- T. Meier and R.D. Issels, Promotion of Cyst(e)ine Uptake.
- Signal Transduction and Gene Regulation
- T.P. Holler and P.B. Hopkins, Ovothiols.
- S.R. Hubbard, X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy Studies of Protein Kinase C.
- R. Gopalakrishna, Z.H. Chen, and U. Gundimeda, Modificiations of Cysteine-Rich Regions in Protein Kinase C Induced by Oxidant Tumor Promoters and Enzyme-Specific Inhibitors.
- F.J. Romero and J. Romá, Glutathione and Protein Kinase C in Peripheral Nervous Tissues.
- A.F.G. Quest, E.S.G. Bardes, W.Q. Xie, E. Willott, R.A. Borchardt, and R.M. Bell, Expression of Protein Kinase Cg Regulatory Domain Elements Containing Cysteine-Rich Zinc-Coordinating Regions as Glutathione S-Transferase Fusion Proteins.
- F.J.T. Staal, M.T. Anderson, and L.A. Herzenberg, Redox Regulation of Activation of NF-kB Transcription Factor Complex: Effects of N-Acetycysteine.
- Y.J. Suzuki and L. Packer, Redox Regulation of DNA-Protein Interaction by Biothiols.
- M. Mizuno and L. Packer, Suppression of Protooncogene C-fos Expression by Antioxidant Dihydrolipoic Acid.
- M.S. Patel, N.N. Vettakkoruma-Kankav, and T.-C. Liu, Dihydrolipoamide Dehydrogenase: Activity Assays.
- Thioredoxin and Glutaredoxin
- A. Holmgren and M. Björnstedt, S. Kumar, and A. Holmgren, Selenite and Selenodiglutathione: Reactions with Thioredoxin Systems.
- R.S. Hutchison and D.R. Ort, Measurement of Equilibrium Midpoint Potentials of Thiol/Disulfide Regulatory Groups on Thioredoxin-Activated Chloroplast Enzymes.
- J.H. Wong, K. Kobrehel, and B.B. Buchanan, Thioredoxin and Seed Proteins.
- J.-P. Jacquot, E. Issakidis, P. Decottignies, M. Lemaire, and M.-M. Myroslawa, Analysis and Manipulation of Target Enzymes for Thioredoxin Control.
- K. Schulze-Osthoff, H. Schenk, and W. Dröge, Effects of Thioredoxin on Activation Transcription Factor NF-KB.
- M. Russel, Thioredoxin Genetics.
- P. Schürmann, Ferredoxin: Thioredoxin System.
- A. Holmgren and F. Åslund, Flutaredoxin.
- H.J. Dyson, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance of Thioredoxin and Glutaredoxin.
- Mimics of Biological Thiols and Thiol Inhibitors
- R.S. Glass and T.C. Stadtman, Selenophosphate.
- M.-O. Christen, Anethole Dithiolethione: Biochemical Considerations.
- M.-O. Christen, L. Fackir, and D. Jore, Use of Linoleic Acid Radiolysis for Assay of Antioxidant Action of Anethole Dithiolethione.
- P. Rat, M.-O. Christen, M. Thevenin, J.-M. Warnet, and M. Adolphe, Cold Light Fluorimetry: A Microtritration Technology for Cell Culture to Evaluate Anethole dithiolethione and Other Biothiols.
- H. Sies, Ebselen.
- N. Sato, S. Iwata, A. Yamauchi, T. Hori, and J. Yodoi, Thiol Compounds and Adult T-Cell Leukemia Virus Infection: A Potential Therapeutic Approach.
- Author Index.
- Subject Index.
Praise for the Series
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY