Statement of responsibility: Lucy O'Brien
ISBN: 1908279273, 9781908279279
Includes bibliography p. 413-414, discography p. 415-416 and index.
429 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
Popular music History and criticism.; Women musicians.
- Riffin' the Scotch: from blues to the jazz age
- Stupid cupid: dream babes in 50s pop
- The real thing: Motown, Spector, and 60s Svengalis
- Can the can: whatever happened to the rock chick?
- Final girls: punk, performance art, and PMT pop
- Ladies of the canyon: female singer-songwriters of the Grand Hotel
- Lipstick traces: Madonna, manipulation, and MTV
- She wears the trousers: artistry, androgyny, and the lesbian question
- I wanna dance with somebody: deconstructing the disco diva
- In search of our mother's gardens: the true story of women in rap and reggae
- Oye mi canto: hear my voice: women in world music
- Talkin' tough: the enemy within: women and protest pop
- Talkin' business: nuts and bolts and all the necessaries
- Girlpower!: marketing the millennial generation
- The fame: female stars and the digital age.