Statement of responsibility: Lundy Bancroft
ISBN: 0425191656, 9780425191651
Originally published: New York: G.P. Putnam's, 2002.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
xxiii, 408 p. ; 23 cm.
Wife abuse United States.; Abusive men United States Psychology.; Books on prescription.; Family violence United States.; Victims of family violence United States.
- Why Does He Do That? AcknowledgmentsNote on TerminologyIntroduction
- Part I: The Nature of Abusive Thinking
- 1. The Mystery2. The Mythology3. The Abusive Mentality4. The Types of Abusive Men
- Part II: The Abusive Man in Relationships
- 5. How Abuse Begins6. The Abusive Man in Everyday Life7. Abusive Men and Sex8. Abusive Men and Addiction9. The Abusive Man and Breaking Up
- Part III: The Abusive Man in the World
- 10. Abusive Men as Parents11. Abusive Men and Their Allies12. The Abusive Man and the Legal System
- Part IV: Changing the Abusive Man
- 13. The Making of an Abusive Man14. The Process of Change15. Creating an Abuse-Free World