Statement of responsibility: M. Neil Browne and Stuart M. Keeley
ISBN: 0321907957, 9780321907950
xiii, 169 p. : ill.; 23 cm.
- The benefit and manner of asking the right questions
- Speed bumps interfering with your critical thinking
- What are the issue and the conclusion?
- What are the reasons?
- What words or phrases are ambiguous?
- What are the value and descriptive assumptions?
- Are there any fallacies in the reasoning?
- How good is the evidence : intuition, personal experience, case examples, testimonials, and appeals to authority?
- How good is the evidence : personal observation, research studies, and analogies?
- Are there rival causes?
- Are the statistics deceptive?
- What significant information is omitted?
- What reasonable conclusions are possible?