Statement of responsibility: edited by Kevin J. Harty
ISBN: 0786477857, 9780786477852
Includes bibliographical references and index.
ix, 245 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Quests (Expeditions) in motion pictures.; Grail in motion pictures.
- Holy Grail, silent Grail / Kevin J. Harty
- The silver chalice: the once and future Grail / K.S. Whetter
- Lancelot du lac: Robert Bresson's Arthurian realism / Joan Tasker Grimbert
- Perceval of the avant-garde: Rohmer, Blank and von Trier / Alan Baragona
- Hans-Jørgen Syberberg's Parsifal: remystifying Kundry / Jon Sherman
- "Lovely filth": Monty Python and the matter of the Holy Grail / Christine Neufeld
- John Boorman's Excalibur and the irrigating light of the Grail / Raeleen Chai-Elsholz and Jean-Marc Elsholz
- The Da Vinci Code and the myth of history / Susan Aronstein
- Percival in Cooperstown: Arthurian legend, baseball
- mythology and the mediated quest in Barry Levinson's The natural / James Jesson
- Terry Gilliam's The Fisher King / Cory James Rushton
- A son, his father, some Nazis and the Grail: Lucas and Indiana Jones and The last crusade / Joseph M. Sullivan
- A Grail or a mirage? searching the wasteland of The Road Warrior / Paul B. Sturtevant
- The Grail as symbolic quest in Tarkovsky's Stalker / Andrew B.R. Elliott
- The waterboy and swamp chivalry: a Grail Knight for American teens / Laurie A. Finke and Martin B. Shichtman
- Holy Grails, schlocky Grails / David W. Marshall
- About the contributors.