Statement of responsibility: edited by Deborah Cartmell, I.Q. Hunter, and Imelda Whelehan
Includes bibliographical references and index.
viii, 168 p.
Film/fiction ; v. 6
Historical films History and criticism.; Film adaptations.
Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif.: ebrary, 2013. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
Film/fiction ; v. 6.
- Historical make-overs in film and literature / Deborah Cartmell and I.Q Hunter
- "No man's Elizabeth" : the Virgin Queen in recent films / Renée Pigeon
- Shakespeare in love and the end(s) of history / Elizabeth Klett
- Reflections on sex, Shakespeare, and nostalgia in Trevor Nunn's Twelfth night / Maria F. Magro and Mark Douglas
- Black rams tupping white ewes : race vs. gender in the final scene of Six Othellos / Pascale Aebischer
- Cool intentions : the literary classic, the teenpic and the "chick flick" / Sarah Neely
- Peter Watkin's Culloden and the alternative form in historical filmmaking / Nicholas J. Cull
- Mrs Brown's mourning and Mr King's madness : royal crisis on screen / Kara McKechnie
- The grandfathers' war : re-imagining World War I in British novels and films of the 1990s / Barbara Korte
- Charm, bowler, umbrella, leather boots : remaking The avengers / Stephen Longstaffe
- Forbidden planet and the retrospective attribution of intentions / Judith Buchanan.