Statement of responsibility: Susan Ko and Steve Rossen
ISBN: 1135055580, 9781135055585
Previous edition: 2010.
Includes bibliographical references (pages -470) and index.
xxiii, 486 pages : illustrations
College teaching Aids and devices.; Computer-assisted instruction.; Internet in education.; Distance education.; Education, Higher Computer-assisted instruction.; Internet in higher education.; Insegnamento universitario Impiego di internet Manuali.; World Wide Web Study and teaching (Higher)
Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Also available in printed form ISBN 9780415832434
- Part I: Getting started. Teaching online: an overview
- Scouting the territory: exploring your institution's resources
- Part II: Putting the course together. Course design and development
- Working with others to develop a course
- Creating an effective online syllabus
- Building an online classroom
- Student activities in the online environment
- Copyright, intellectual property, and open educational resources
- Creating courseware: selecting "Web2.0" tools and other resources
- Part III: Teaching in the online classroom. Preparing students for online learning
- Classroom management and facilitation
- Classroom management: special issues
- Teaching web-enhanced and blended classes
- Teaching and learning in a MOOC
- Taking advantage of new opportunities