Statement of responsibility: Margaret Morganroth Gullette
ISBN: 0813589312, 9780813589299, 9780813589312
Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1 online resource (294 pages) : color illustrations.
Global perspectives on aging
Ageism.; Older people Social conditions.; Aging Social aspects.; Aging Psychological aspects.
Global perspectives on aging series.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI: ProQuest, 2016. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
- Prologue: fight ageism, not aging: the discovery of trauma
- #still human: into the glare of the public square
- How (not) to shoot old people: breaking ageist paradigms through portrait photography
- The elder-hostile: giving college students a better start at life
- Vert-de-gris: rescuing the land lovers
- The Alzheimer's defense: "faking bad" in international atrocity trials
- Our frightened world: fantasies of euthanasia and preemptive suicide
- Induction into the hall of shame: when aging serves as the trigger for ageism, shaming is its weapon
- Redress: overcoming trauma, repairing relationships, healing society
- Epilogue: a declaration of grievances.