30-minute crochet: what can you crochet in half an hour or less?
Why not get creative with a spot of crochet that you can easily fit into your spare time? If you think you are too busy to whip up a project or two then think again! Crochet is a fantastic craft, it's quick, easy and extremely portable. We've all got bits and bobs of yarn left over from other projects, so put them to good use and dip into the selection of mini crochet projects designed to let you see results fast
Tunbridge Wells, Kent: Search Press, 2013
No availability records for this item
Statement of responsibility: Carol Meldrum
ISBN: 184448968X, 9781844489688
128 pages : illustrations (black and white, and colour) ; 25 cm
Crafts.; Crocheting Patterns.
- PRELIMS (4pp)
- INTRODUCTION (12pp)
- What you will need to get started with crochet, tips on how to use up your stash, recycle, and reclaim yarn. The low down on basic stitches and techniques used in crochet. Tips on putting together a travel crochet kit so you can crochet wherever you are.
- PROJECT SELECTOR (20PP)
- Conveniently laid out contents section so you can see what every finished project will look like.
- Pick your project on a whim or go through them one by one.
- SECTION ONE (32pp)
- The projects in this section are perfect for those who are new to crochet or getting back into it, also for those who just want a quick crochet fix! This section is a great introduction to quick crochet; it has a range of projects working in both rows and in the round, from the wearable and gift ideas, to more functional and practical ideas. Projects include
- Neck purse
- Slip cover for small note book
- Mug cosy
- Picot necklace
- Floral motif cushion
- SECTION TWO (32pp)
- Once you get to grips with the basics and perfect your techniques, this section will help you develop your skills even more. Introducing more advanced crochet fabrics showing you the building blocks needed to create projects that will have you hooked!
- Projects include
- Amigumuri Russian dolls
- Lacy fingerless gloves
- Fancy Napkin rings
- Trims and fancy edgings
- Costume jewellery crochet ring
- TECHNIQUES AND STITCHES (20 PP)
- Whether you're trying crochet for the first time, or just need a recap, this chapter has everything you need. Clear step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures on all the techniques used in the projects; increasing and decreasing to create shape, working textured and open lace stitches, how to read a crochet chart.
- INDEX AND CREDITS (8PP)